WE SHIP GLOBALLY, AND INSTALL/SERVICE IN THE ENTIRE CONTINENTAL UNITED STATES.
Insulgard’s StormDefend aluminum door frame and aluminum window frame systems are suited to a variety of hurricane, tornado, wind and impact applications. Designed to accept a range of glazing materials, our aluminum structural framing systems are shipped to you completely factory assembled.
Our wind and impact framing systems can be used in both new construction and in retrofit projects. From gas stations and convenience stores to law enforcement and government facilities, structural framing systems can offer additional security when used in conjunction with equivalent performance substrate or wall areas. Insulgard’s StormDefend framing systems are rated for Threat Level 1-3 or Threat Levels 4, 5, and 8 based on UL752 standards.
For more information about the specific component ratings of our wind and impact resistant aluminum structural framing systems, please contact Insulgard today.
This window system is designed and certified for use in tornado and hurricane safe rooms/storm shelters meeting FEMA P361-15 and ICC 500-2014 standards. It is critical this system be used in conjunction with equivalent performance substrate/wall areas.
- 6″ framing system
- Head, jamb, sill 2 1⁄2″ x 6″
- Mullion and intermediate horizontal members 3 1⁄4″ x 6″
- Single Lite – UL Certification ZHLA.52
- Ribbon Window with Vertical or Horizontal Mullions – UL Certification ZHLA.55
- Four-Lite with Horizontal and Vertical Mullion – UL Certification ZHLA.56
NOTE: In accordance with ICC500-14 minimum and maximum sizes of each window configuration require testing. Please contact Insulgard to ensure job specific sizes and configurations fall within testing/certification restraints.
- UL Listed and labeled in accordance with ICC 500-14
- Glazed with 2″ thick TOR-GARD 30-IG glass Thermally broken framing system
- UL 752 Level 3 bullet resistant
- Anodized or painted finishes
- Completely fabricated and shipped fully assembled for easy installation
- Job specific anchorage requirements provided
- Designed for conventional installation and glazing methods
TESTING / CERTIFICATION
- Tested and certified by UL to meet ICC 500-14 and FEMA P-361-15 requirements for use in tornado and hurricane safe rooms and shelters, including in the 250mph wind zone.
- Tested by UL for bullet resistance meeting UL 752 levels 3. Proof of testing can be found at www.ul.com under on-line listings.
- Thermal analysis conducted by UL utilizing NFRC test methods including ANSI/ NFRC 100-2014, ANSI/NFRC 200-2014, NFRC 500-2014 and Therm 7 / Windows7 NFRC. Results available upon request.
- Components to be constructed from extruded aluminum 6061-T6 alloy temper or equivalent
- Fasteners to be stainless steel type 302 or 304
- Interior/Exterior glazing gaskets to be EPDM sponge and wedge
- All joints and connections will be tight, providing hairline joints and true alignment of adjacent members.
- Weep design to allow for water to exit the exterior at the sill
- Anchors to be fully concealed
- Law Enforcement Facilities
- Fire and Rescue Facilities
- Emergency Operations Centers Community Shelters
- Corporate Headquarters
- Storm Shelters
- Safe Rooms